Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Big ol bite

"Dove siamo?" I ask the man sitting next me on the train. Having fallen asleep in en route I needed to know where we were. Fortunately I hadn't missed my stop and this the train ride continues. See what's crazy is that I'm on a train traveling through Italy...how did that happen? 
Ho molto lavoro! In Italian this means "I have a lot of work to do" and I for one definitely have a lot of work to do in regard to many things. One of my greatest fears is that ill go through life without actually living so why not do something about it! I never really liked all the sayings about life giving you lemons but if i was to come up with one it'd probably be something like this. "If life gives you a lemon, laugh in its face and tell it you'll be having grape drank!" P.s if grape drank doesn't mean anything to you but this is my blog and all dave chappelle references are in. Not quite sure how to interpret that lemon saying but I think I'm trying to say that no matter what juice or drank you're making, you'll still drink juice in the end. Basically I can't let life choices overwhelm me or be bogged down by the countless paths one can take in life. As long as I'm not being stagnant, I capitalize on opportunities, I pour into people, and I go hard in whatever I'm doing, ill end up experiencing life and not just going through the motions. I have a lot of work to do.
Kind of just going for it got me a job at bluegrass baking company and working there opened up this opportunity to work at a bakery in Italy which is why I'm on a train in Italy if you didn't know that already. I don't have much of an idea of what I'll be doing but I'm super excited at the prospect gaining European baking skills. Stefano, the baker, uses a wood fired stove so ill probably be chopping wood hopefully along with the baking. I will have a lot of work to do. I titled this post big ol bite cause right now as we travel through the Italian country side, past vineyards, red roofed villages, and rolling hills, I truly feel like I'm taking the biggest bite out of life that I can. 

2 comments:

  1. Aren't trains the best? I want more trains. Glad to hear you made it, I'm assuming without a hitch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still think it is the coolest thing you are doing right now! I am sure this trip will be a blessing for you!

    ReplyDelete